Converting a site from Gaia 3.5 to 3.6 in 5 Minutes
Open the website in Visual Studio
Note the names of the current Gaia dll's being used.
In my case these are
Delete from the bin folder the current Gaia dll's
We need to add references to the new dll's
- Right-click on the Bin Folder and select "Add Reference"
- Select the browse tab and navigate to the Gaia 3.6 files.
By default these are found in C:\Program Files\Gaia Ajax 3.6\Library
Select the dll's you require and click OK.
In my case I need
The new dll's are added to the project.
Any additional dll's required to support the selected ones are also added
In my case you'll see Gaia.WebWidgets.Effects has also been added
Build the site, oops
Update the project code to remove ambiguous references.
In my case the ambiguous references where due to Validation and GridViewRow objects that now also exist in Gaia 3.6.
To fix this I simply added to my c# code
using CustomValidator = System.Web.UI.WebControls.CustomValidator;
using GridViewRow = System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow;
using RequiredFieldValidator = System.Web.UI.WebControls.RequiredFieldValidator;
Build the site, now only have Warnings related to Effects
The way effects are used has changed from 3.5 to 3.6. To change to the new syntax we need to add a reference to Effects in our source code. (Effects are now in a different namespace)
Now convert to the new syntax
new Gaia.WebWidgets.Effect(pnlStatus,Gaia.WebWidgets. Effect.TypeOfEffect.Appear);
new Gaia.WebWidgets.Effect(pnlStatus,Gaia.WebWidgets. Effect.TypeOfEffect.Fade, 5000);
Build the site..no Errors or Warnings
Done. Took 5 miuntes
To complete the update I could change to the new Gaia 3.6 controls for GridViews and Validators.
- Downsizing Dangers - 28th October 2013
- Dynamics NAV NAS/Job Queue - Excel SaveAs method failed - 18th October 2013
- New in XLCubed 7.5 - 16th October 2013
- How to suspend and resume SQL database mirroring - 15th October 2013
- XLCubed: Excel Dashboards - 11th October 2013
- Analytical Applications of Business Intelligence Reporting - 10th October 2013
- What is Microcharts? How can it clarify data? - 10th October 2013
- Can’t print from XLCubed Web Edition - 2nd October 2013
- A call to SSPI failed in NAV 2009 R2 - 31st May 2011
- Can’t send BizTalk documents from NAV2009 Role Tailored Client - 23rd May 2011
- Unique External Document No. on Sales Order - 23rd May 2011
- CRM 2011 – NAV 2009 R2 Synchronisation – tips and tricks - 10th May 2011
- Manually Create NAV Service Instances - 3rd May 2011
- SQL Maintenance plan won't run, modify or delete - 24th November 2010
- Miscellaneous NAV RTC Development Tips - 21st November 2010
- NAV RTC Development training tools - 18th November 2010
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application Objects - 15th November 2010
- Delete a rogue Conur Expense Report - 12th November 2010
- CRM - 9th November 2010
- application objects
- Business Intelligence
- cached password
- Commerce Gateway
- CRM 2011
- CRM 2013
- Crystal Reports
- Data Type
- date and time
- Dynamics NAV
- Excel Buffer
- External Document No.
- Generate xsd from SQL table
- Job Queue
- Microsoft Excel
- NAV 2009
- NAV 2009 R2
- NAV Application Server
- NAV Development
- NAV Upgrade
- new version
- no delimiter
- service broker
- User Setup
- Web Service